Anthony "Tony" Magestro--or known on the field of battle as Metzge--is an avid writer, gamer, and entrepreneur. When he's not writing, gaming, or entrepreneuring, he enjoys cooking, trippy movies, and trying to be awesome to varying degrees of success. Feel free to check out his LinkedIn page, especially if you need freelance help with content writing or digital marketing. Or just like to network, that's fine too.
So I’m a Fallout fanboy. What of it? Like any warm-blooded American, I like games with an awesome story, ridiculous amounts of gore, and sassy characters. Throw in a nuclear Armageddon and retro-futuristic elements and I’m sold. The biggest aspect that seals the deal for me on this title, however, are the quotes. Insightful, dark, and, at times, humorous and quirky, it’s the people and their sayings that make me almost wish to live in a world as vast and desolate as the Capital Wasteland.
With that in mind, here’s some of my own favorite Fallout 3 quotes:
10. “War. War never changes.” – Narrator (series tagline)
9. “Ahh, the lies we tell to those we love.” – Colin Moriarty
8. “We can afford all we need, we cannot afford all we want.” – President John Henry Eden
7. “I am the Alpha and Omega — the beginning and the end. And I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life, freely.” – Father (Revelations 21:6)
6. “In all things, a calm heart must prevail.” – Fawkes
5. “Embrace democracy or be annihilated.” – Liberty Prime (BECAUSE ‘MURICA)
4. “Today’s weather: excessively violent, with a chance of dismemberment. Stay tuned for our five-day forecast!” – Three Dog
3. “Question 1: A frenzied vault scientist runs up to you and yells, ‘I’m gonna put my quantum harmonizer in your photonic resonation chamber.’ What’s your response?” – Mr. Brotch, during the G.O.A.T.
2. “Shouldn’t you be banging rocks together?” – Brotherhood of Steel Outcast
1. “Gary? GARY! Garrrrryyyyy.” – Gary clones
What are some of your favorite quotes?