Anthony "Tony" Magestro--or known on the field of battle as Metzge--is an avid writer, gamer, and entrepreneur. When he's not writing, gaming, or entrepreneuring, he enjoys cooking, trippy movies, and trying to be awesome to varying degrees of success. Feel free to check out his LinkedIn page, especially if you need freelance help with content writing or digital marketing. Or just like to network, that's fine too.
It’s been four years since the resurrection of Commander Shepard. Four years and I still haven’t beaten Mass Effect 2, though I’ve made it my mission to do so by the end of the summer. I mean, I have Mass Effect 3 but haven’t even played it yet since I want to finish what I started all the way back in Mass Effect 1. However, with this very thorough playthrough of the middle child in the series, I must admit there are some gems in the dialogue that are too good not to share.
10. “It’s so much easier to see the world in black and white. Gray? I don’t know what to do with gray…” – Garrus Vakarian
9. “I don’t trust anyone who makes more than I do.” – Joker, on trusting the Illusive Man
8. “Amonkira, Lord of the Hunters, grant that my hands be steady, my aim be true, and my feet swift. And should the worst come to pass, grant me forgiveness.” – Thane Krios
7. “Good deeds are like pissing yourself in dark pants. Warm feelings, but no one notices.” – Jacob Taylor
6. “Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our means, but what we seek to accomplish.” – The Illusive Man
5. “We have to give everything, even if that means our lives. We will stop at nothing. We will fight for the lost.” – Shepard
4. “Mess with someone’s head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all-powerful bitch.” – Jack
3. “Hard to see big picture behind pile of corpses.” – Mordin Solus
2. “This, recruits, is a 20-kilo ferrous slug. Feel the weight. Every five seconds, the main gun of an Everest-class dreadnought accelerates one to 1.3 percent of light speed. It impacts with the force of a 38-kiloton bomb. That is three times the yield of the city buster dropped on Hiroshima back on Earth. That means Sir Isaac Newton is the deadliest son-of-a-bitch in space. […] I dare to assume you ignorant jackasses know that space is empty. Once you fire this husk of metal, it keeps going ’til it hits something. That can be a ship, or the planet behind that ship. It might go off into deep space and hit somebody else in ten thousand years. If you pull the trigger on this, you’re ruining someone’s day, somewhere and sometime. That is why you check your damn targets! That is why you wait for the computer to give you a damn firing solution! That is why, Serviceman Chung, we do not ‘eyeball it!’ This is a weapon of mass destruction. You are not a cowboy firing from the hip!” – Gunnery Chief on the Citadel
1. “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
What are some of your favorite Mass Effect 2 quotes?