William Wendell Evans, or Willi for fun, enjoys two things in life: Video Games, Metal Music, and Writing. He's an English major, so math isn't his strong suit.
Last Friday the gaming world got its first look into the next chapter of the cult Dark Souls series. Developer From Software hasn’t been keeping everything related to their latest project Dark Souls III very hush-hush as the folks over at The Know (Rooter Teeth’s outlet for gaming news) posted a video claiming to have received information from an anonymous source about the game.
You can find said video below:
In case you didn’t want to watch the entire thing, The Know breaks down a sizeable chunk of information including:
- Estimated to be released in 2016 for Xbox One and PS4
- A handful of in-game screenshots and other art
- 1 – 4 player support
- Sacrificial rituals to interact with, allowing you to summon or invade other players
- “Heating Up Boss Battles” (I don’t think anybody knows exactly what this is, but apparently it drastically alters boss battles throughout the game based on choices the player makes)
- “Sword Fighting Arts” (It sounds like there will be special abilities that you can swap out, or choose to learn at various points; maybe a skill tree of sorts?)
That’s all we know so far, but it is a leak after all, so take it with a grain of salt. Of course, keep your eyes peeled for the real reveal at E3 2015 sometime between June 16th and 18th.
*Images used are from Dark Souls II