A known affiliate of the Dark Lord, Stephen takes only a passing interest in the affairs of mortals. A life of extreme slothfulness has fostered in him an obsession with gaming - one which he will spread to the world in a dark tide of game reviews and news blurbs.
Hold onto your wallets, boys and girls – it has returned. Time to satisfy the urge we all carry deep within ourselves – to sit in our underwear on a cold winter’s morning and binge-buy discount video games until our eyes bleed and our bank accounts lie broken and spent. The Steam Winter Sale is upon us, and I can already feel my credit cards chewing their way out of my wallet.
The game distributor has kicked off its two-week sale (running now until January 4th) with some serious deals. Are you guiltily casting about for Christmas gift ideas? Have you held out on The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim like some kind of forest hermit? Does your endless, Grinchly game hoard need swelling? Answered are these problems and more. Today, we find ourselves assailed by well-known titles like:
- The Witcher Franchise (50-85% off)
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (33% off)
- Sid Meier’s Civilization Franchise (45-75% off)
- The Elder Scrolls Franchise (60-75% off)
- The Tropico Franchise (75% off)
- Just Cause 3 (20% off)
If you’ve kept up on your blockbusters and already own these popular games, have no fear – available is a plethora of lesser known titles for dirt-cheap. We’ve spotted some interesting, below-the-front-page sales. Check out:
- Aviary Attorney ($12.74) where you play a wonderfully stylized 19th Century bird detective administering sweet justice to evildoers.
- Euro Truck Simulator 2 ($4.59) for those that love the open road and the comfort of their own home.
- Banished ($4.99) to satisfy the natural need to play a God lording over starving peasants.
Also offered are three free Steam trading cards just for exploring your queue of recommended games – so get at it! You’re bound to find something if you just keep scrolling. Join us, gamer, as we funnel our hard-earned cash into the almighty void of sweet deals. ‘Tis the season, and Steam is back doing what it does best. May the Gods have mercy on your bottom line.
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got some Witcher 3 to play.